When business is busy, it can be hard to take the time to consider what might happen to your business in the event of absences of key people. Yet, this is exactly the time when you should develop your succession planning strategy.
We all know that you can’t always anticipate events that will impact on key roles within your business, or when people may choose to leave. You can mitigate the risks however, by planning and preparing ahead. A good succession planning strategy will encompass future recruitment needs. It will also increase the availability of experienced and capable employees able to take on new or promoted roles as they become available.
Developing a succession strategy will ensure that you have a clear plan to fill key roles quickly, so your business can respond swiftly to new situations.
TQC can help you to review the risks and opportunities facing your business from the planned or unplanned absences of key people. We can also help you to ensure that the right people with the right skills are in the right place at the right time through:
- Identifying future skills needs and key roles
- Analysing supply and demand of talent for key posts
- Analysing the skills of those in the organisation
- Identifying and reviewing key positions and competencies
- Identifying successors and aligning their development with your business strategy
- Identifying and implementing relevant learning and development activities
- Building in a review process to monitor your progress and success in meeting the continuity needs of your business
While it may seem like a daunting process, TQC can help you develop your succession planning strategy to ensure your business is future proof, whatever happens with key people.